Friday 10 February 2012

Bonjour!

So day two of L’Aiguille en Fete has been and gone, half way through now!
Such a fantastic opportunity to exhibit in Paris. The French are so complimentary – they seem bewildered by the un-traditional techniques and concepts behind English design. It’s rather nice to hear and see their reactions – even if I don’t always understand! There’s lots of ‘super’, ‘tres jollie’ and ‘c’est bon’ so at least I know these are good things :)
I expected a larger group of English work than there is seeing as how myself and two others from my course were selected. However, there are just 13 of us in total. Not everyone has come to the exhibition either, we didn’t have to, but myself and Lucy Gilmour are both here for the whole week.
Three of the girls and Holly who was on my course have been around so far. Its good to meet other graduates, I’m glad there are some English people around to speak as well. It’s exhausting failing miserably with my pigeon French! – Let’s add ‘learn French’ to my to-do list… It’s also good to know that everyone else is struggling to get design jobs too!
I’ll try and pop some photographs up tomorrow.
Bon soire!

No comments:

Post a Comment